Maximum engine debris/FOD protection which allows consistent flight operations and extends engine time on wing.
Improved protection over an inertial design and significantly better protection than a FOD screen.
? Pleated barrier filter element provides improved air flow versus
inertial separation vortex/swirl tubes typical with IPS/EAPS.
? Return on Investment (ROI):
• Less premature engine removals, meet expected engine
• Long-life 4,500 flight hour filter assemblies (15 cleanings –
300 hour intervals)
• Reduction in corrosive salt air entering engine.
• Engine overhaul cost reduction due to elimination of
erosion and contamination on all rotating and pneumatic
• Reduced maintenance time with improved plenum access.
• Common Line Replaceable Units (LRU) for mixed IBF
• Bleed air system maintenance eliminated with IBF.
• Certified for CAT A operations.